The Start and The Mind Set!
Since 2006 (when I graduated) I have been struggling with loosing these extra pounds. I stayed at/or around 175-185 my highest being 191 (yes, I did not even want to mention this to my family or immediate friends, but I tell you this now). For those who knew me I have alot of energy. I moved to Utah and got a job at the State Capital and road the Bus into Salt Lake City and walked to work, then on top of that I got a Job at a Day Care and I ran around with children all day! I had a very full and busy life but still couldn't loose the weight! :(
![]() |
| 2009 |
| 2006 |
In 2008 I started college (Utah Career college) and worked as a nanny, when I moved back in with my grandparents I got 2 jobs and continued to go to school. I had Friday off worked at Ross on the weekend and worked 7am-5pm at the day care Mon. - Thurs. and school 6pm-11pm. Needless to say I didn't have much time to do anything. Yet I still maintained my weight.
In 2009 I moved back to Oklahoma and in with my parents I continued to work 2 jobs and go to college (OSU-OKC). Threw all my ups and downs I still maintained my weight when I was stressed I seemed to be 5 lbs heavier. I went to the doctors and they said I needed to loose weight, "Your over weight" I didn't feel over weight, I enjoyed the food I eat and I never eat too much. I enjoyed my Chocolate and Doctor Pepper Like most people in Oklahoma. But I was happy so i saw no need to change my life style.
| 2012 |
April 2011 Something Terrible Happened to me! I had to change myself, and my way of Life. I had been threw alot and It was time to get my act together. Time to become the women I want to be in the future, someone I can be proud of.
It was a hard road 2 years of my life I dedicated to myself. finding who I am, and who I am meant to become. But I can say I am proud of the person I discovered.
My first year I spent keeping my nose clean and staying to myself. I was afraid to do anything really. I second guessed my actions... I got a job and made a name for myself there. I made new friends and got rid of old ones. I did alot of soul searching, and found that My Family and My Religion were the 2 constant, most important things in my life.
A New Beginning
The second year I worked on building a life, becoming independent. That summer I began this new diet. It wasn't hard. I put myself into a daily routine. It started one day when I thought I would try something new. I saw this shop called "Lemon Tree" and thought they must make something pretty good. I walked inside and Listened to what others ordered and looked at the menu and signs on the wall.
It was something called "Herbal Life" they made teas and shakes... and they had a weight loss couch. I wasn't really interested in that; So I picked something off the menu that sounded yummy "Brownie Batter Shake" and a "Tropical Tea". I tried it and at first it was "yummy" then by the time I finished the shake I realized that I liked brownie batter, I just didn't want to drink a whole cup of it!
The next time I went in to picked a "Caramel Mocha Cappuccino" and a "Tropical Tea" and quickly fell in love.
And reading the signs, and listening to conversation I grasped from the whole thing that you were supposed to replace this with one meal. no need to change your daily routine and that you would begin to loose weight I was skeptical. But what could it hurt to drink it for breakfast or a quick lunch on my way from school to work.
| Summer 2012 |
I started out doing it about 2-3 times a week and I also picked up a tanning salon membership. and for 1 month 2-3 times a week I went from school, picked up a tea and shake (which I drank the shake before tanning and drank the tea after) and headed to work. By the end of the month I felt great and was energized, I had slowed down on drinking Dr. Pepper and eating Chinese food. I just didn't crave fast food or anything greasy. I craved the shake (sometimes I would go out of my way to grab one)
about half way threw the summer I had lost 15-20 lbs and felt AMAZING.
I started using Mary Kay regularly and just taking care of my body.
I was eating right, exercising (and enjoying it) and doing all around great (plus I was looking great) I was going out all the time. I had money, I was stress free, and I was in love with being single. I had finally found myself! I was happy and comfortable in my new skin. I started to branch out and make new friends and make wise decisions for myself. I had grown up! I moved out for a short while and saved money. But That type of Independence was short lived when trouble hit me again. and it came in three separate problems each worse then the other. But you know what I discovered... I am a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN and I can handle anything that comes my way.
I learned more about this so called "Herbalife" The shakes have 24 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs, and over 20 vitamins and minerals, you can make almost any type of shake you want with their formula 1 and protein combo. Making this one of the healthiest meals you can have all ranging about 250-300 calories. Some of my favorites are "Lemon Blueberry", "Caramel Mocha Cappuccino", "Captain Crunch" (peanut butter and blueberries who would have thought) and "Orange Cream Delight" (Which is seasonal). I am sure I will discover many more in the future.
The Tea's are the key to losing those few extra pounds though, and once you get to a healthy weight it is said that you can just drink the teas and you should maintain that weight. The tea had green tea extracts and a small amount of natural caffeine. It will raise your core body temp. 1 degree helping you to burn more calories as you move and work throughout your day. (I was also told it has an appetite suppressant that will help you eat in smaller meals) It did wonders for me, there towards the end I couldn't even finish a full plate of food from a Chinese restaurant.
By January 2013 I was tan, drinking Herbalife regularly and wearing make-up. I had a style that I could call my own, and I was not afraid to be myself. I LOST a total of about 40 lb weighing in at a total of 154. My face was skinnier, my legs thinner, my arms were strong. I had lost rolls of fat hanging from my body. I was a NEW ME!

No comments:
Post a Comment