Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Life Is Pursuasion"

What do you think when you read this phrase? Is this Statement True or False?
Well I can tell you what I thought when I read this.

It was 2008 and I was taking English Composition On-Line.

My first Reaction when reading this was No!, but I thought about it for a minuet and realized that Persuasion is everywhere. Just think about what you do everyday basic things. You wake up in the morning and if you are anything like me you Persuade yourself to wake up "you got things to do today get out of bed" most of the time I loose and end up falling back asleep for another 30 minuets. 

So when you finally wake up and get to school or work you friend/ co-worker will ask you to join them for lunch (you may not have the money or the time) but they Beg and BEG (persuasion once again) and in the end you give in and end up having a great time. 

You get off work and wish to spend it with your friend who says they really have some errands to run and you persuade them to do it another day or time. (Compromising with them) They choose to do it after they have spent some time with you. Dinner time rolls around and you family wants Chicken and you want Beef for dinner and you make your case on why it would be better to have beef today and chicken tomorrow. You just persuaded yourself into a wonderful meal. Its time for you to go to bed and your Dog barks at the do encouraging you to let him out (we are going to say her persuaded you to get off the couch and let him out, because we don't want him going on the carpet). Then you go to sleep. 

One can see persuasion everywhere they go, but truly "Life is Choosing." Its all about the choices we make in our lives that define it. 
I would say this statement is a matter of Opinion

True - because Persuasion is everywhere in life and we use it all the time. I don't think we, as humans, could go one day without Persuading someone to do something, or being Persuaded ourselves. 

But False - Because Life is What we make it! For me Life is Choosing, For some one else Life could be creation, and another could say "Life is hard!" Its false because it is an Opinion. 

-The wonderful and magnificent Phila Lewis 

P.S. 
If you have anything to add to this topic please do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment